By Alisha, May 05, 2021, Grow, Source Eat Recipes
This is a hearty-winter recipe that can be thrown into the oven and put together very easily with a nice salad. Enjoy!
Note: Suitable for Vegetarians/Vegans/GF
Total Time (Including preparation): 1hr
Recipe courtesy of one of our Grow / Source / Eat veggie packer, Alisha.
- Olive oil
- 1-3 potatoes, peeled, cut into slices
- Handful of sage, chopped
- ½ cauliflower head, sliced (or broken up)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese/vegan cheese
- ¼ cup milk (plant based milk or vegetable broth)
- 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter or nuttlex
- Handful of panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees
- Grease baking tray with some oil
- Prepare potatoes, cauliflower and onion
- Place potatoes in a large pot with cold, salted water and bring to a boil
- Add the cauliflower and cook for 8-10mins
- Once vegetables are cooked, drain and evenly place them on the baking tray
- Top with onion slices, cheese, sage, milk and dollops of butter
- Sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs for some extra crunch (optional)
- Bake for about 15mins- or until golden brown
- Serve with salad, or eat it on its own. Enjoy!
Show us what’s cooking in your kitchen @melb_food_hub.