Grow / Source / EatFruit & Veggie Parcel
Supplying fresh veggies, supporting local farmers.
Local, seasonable, sustainable
We are keeping food miles down by choosing not to ship produce in from long distances, which means we won’t include kale if it isn’t in season. By taking part in this program you are choosing fresh, local produce and supporting farmers who care about the health and quality of the land they’re producing on.
At the Melbourne Food Hub, we believe everybody should have access to good, local, sustainable and fresh produce, no matter what their circumstances. The more change-makers we have in our food system, the better it will be. If you have a concession card and would like a 20% discount on your subscription, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.
How to get the good stuff
All parcels are packed, delivered and picked up on Thursdays – order by Sunday to get yours the following Thursday. We partner with organisations who act as collection points where people work or live (see below). We also offer home delivery (see postcodes below) for an additional $5- or you can get free delivery when you order more delicious handmade treats with our friends at Icecream Social or bulk pantry items with the good people at Moon Rabbit.
Collect at the Melbourne Food Hub:
- Melbourne Food Hub, 2 Wingrove Street, Alphington on Thursdays from 4pm – 6pm
Pick up in your neighbourhood:
- Icecream Social, Thornbury, 907 High St, Thornbury VIC 3071 on Thursdays from 2pm – 9pm
- Moon Rabbit Cafe, Preston, 218 High St, Preston VIC 3072 on Thursdays from 3pm – 4pm
- Northcote, private residence (Park Street) on Thursdays from 3pm – 6pm
- North Balwyn, private residence (between Clifton + Winfield Streets) on Thursdays from 5pm – 6.30pm
- Footscray, Barkly Theatre (279 Barkly Street) on Thursdays from 6.30pm – 7.30pm
- Home delivery for fruit and veggie parcel subscriptions from 2-4pm on Thursdays for an extra $5- per week. Delivery to Fairfield, Alphington, Thornbury, Northcote, Preston, Kew, Kew East, Clifton Hill, Deepdene, Balwyn, Eaglemont, Heidelberg, Ivanhoe, Ivanhoe East.
You can also get our parcels delivered with other tasty treats from:
- Icecream Social has you sorted for all sorts of sweet treats including homemade ice cream, pies, brownies and savoury favourites such as soups, lasagne and family pies.
- Moon Rabbit stocks all of the bulk pantry staples you could dream of to accompany your produce – check out their shop.
Pick up at work:
Currently we have partnerships and collection points for staff at the following organisations:
- Melbourne Polytechnic: Preston
- Melbourne Polytechnic: Fairfield
If you want to see our Grow / Source / Eat parcels available near you, please get in touch with a suggested location email@example.com.
Q & A
Can I choose what’s in the box?
No, and here’s why: we support our farmers directly, which means we buy what they grow. This also means we support eating seasonally. If you have dietary restrictions, of course we will work with you to adapt the box to your lifestyle, but we encourage participants to step out of their comfort zone and into the veggie zone, it tastes great! If you have allergies you can let us know, or if you are a vegan, you’ve got your own produce packed option.
What do you mean zero waste?
Zero waste means we aren’t packaging out produce unless we have to. Our zucchinis and tomatoes are loose in the boxes so we encourage customers to bring their own bags. Items like eggs and loose leaf greens will have compostable packaging but we’d love for customers to use their own bags and boxes so we can reuse ours.
At collection points, we use brown paper bags. They’re recyclable and compostable but we’d prefer to reuse them! BYOB (bring your own bag) and transfer the produce, fold the bag up and let us refill it next week.
What if I can't pick up my produce?
If you let us know a week in advance, we can hold your order without charging you for the week specified. If you let us know a day in advance we can donate your produce to a hunger relief organization or you can have someone else pick it up for you, however you will still be charged for that weeks produce.
What happens if I forget to collect my produce?
Life is busy! If you forget to pick up your produce once, we will attempt to coordinate a way for you to collect your produce. If nothing works out, produce will be redistributed or donated. If collection is missed twice in one month, we’ll take you off of our collection list.
What about my privacy and payment details?
We hear you and your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. Your contact details will stay safe with us – never to be shared with a third party and only to be accessed if we need to get in touch with you about your order. If you want to stay in the loop, you can sign up to our newsletter or join our Grow / Source / Eat Facebook page – but we’re not going to force you! Your payments are encrypted through Stripe which is a reputed internationally used platform with stringent privacy measures in place. This means we will never be able to see you credit card details, and nobody else will be able to get at them either.